Jump to Navigation
Wills and Living Wills

Jacksonville Living Wills Lawyer

Florida Will Preparation Attorney

Within your estate plan, you may also want to consider setting up a will or a health care directive to secure your family's future. At the Law Office of Douglas A. Oberdorfer, P.A., in Jacksonville, Florida, I have assisted clients by preparing these documents and defending them should there be any litigation involved.

If you need more information regarding drafting a will or establishing a living will, contact my Jacksonville law firm. I will answer your questions and explore all of your estate planning options with you.

Wills and Living Wills in Jacksonville

When drafting a simple will or living will, you are putting your specific wishes down in a legal document. A will provides a plan for distribution and allows you to leave your assets and finances to those you choose. This can include:

  • Your family
  • Your friends
  • The college you attended
  • A favorite charity

A living will or advanced health care directive provides you the opportunity to explain your health care wishes if you unexpectedly become sick or incapacitated and cannot express them yourself. If you do not want to be on life support or have any intervention if your heart stops, you can specify that in a legal document. In addition, your living will can designate a health care surrogate who will have medical power of attorney, and can make health care decisions for you.

Wills and Estate Litigation

At the Law Office of Douglas A. Oberdorfer, P.A., I take a detail-oriented approach to drafting your will and trusts in the event of any litigation after the fact. I do everything according to Florida law governing wills and trusts, and I have a thorough knowledge and understanding of those regulations. However, if someone files a claim against your estate plan, I will aggressively defend you and your family.

Contact a Jacksonville Living Wills Attorney

For more information, or to schedule an appointment regarding drafting a will or setting up a health care directive, please contact me.